Sweet potato fries and edamame with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
1. Chop sweet potatoes into fry-like wedges. This may require microwaving the potatoes on low power for up to fifteen minutes.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add 1tbsp olive oil per potato. Add pepper to taste.
3. Bake fries in single layers at 450 F for 15 minutes before turning; bake an additional 15-20 minutes.
4. Sprinkle with sea salt and lemon juice to taste.
1. Buy frozen shelled edamame.
2. Microwave edamame straight from the freezer for 3-5 minutes (depending on quantity).
3. Add sesame oil to taste.
Photos © Gitanjali Bhattacharjee 2013.